Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vice

Hey everyone! I've been kind of really sick so I didn't post yesterday, but this is a dream I had last night that I wrote down when it woke me up at like 11:30 pm... still counts right?

It's intoxicating. In that can't-possibly-be-good-for-you kind of way. I can't even compare it to anything else that I've experienced, but that it has the distinct odor of danger. Something new and beautiful. Something wrong. I try to push it out of my mind, ignoring the sweetness coming in from the windows and the door, trying to concentrate on finishing the last few measures of my new composition. But I can't. The notes have all escaped me, fleeing with danger.
Frustrated I step out on the balcony to see where this, this smell is coming from. It's completely overwhelming out here, invading my nose and pushing against my eyes. Ensnaring my mind and leaving a bittersweet taste on the tip of my tongue. Where is it coming from?
I can see my neighbors through their window from here, fighting again in their living room... It's definitely not them. To my right there is nothing but air polluted with the sounds of the New York night. I take a quick glace over the handrail and there... there she is. There it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment