Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Garden

I've found myself embracing silence and solitude a lot more over these last couple of weeks than I ever have in my entire life. What a beautiful way to get to know yourself and get to truly spend time with God.
Where two or more are gathered? I don't know about that. I've recently been feeling God closer to me when I spend time alone, not worrying about pleasing others or making them happy therefore ignoring my own happiness.
Cutting my work hours in half, I suddenly have more time to clear out the entangled roads in my mind. I've planted new priorities and have weeded out what I don't need in my life at the moment. I know the weeds will grow back and continue to plague the garden in my mind... I just have to continually work at getting my hands dirty and pulling them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment