Monday, May 2, 2011

Dance Esmeralda, Dance

Dance Esmeralda. Dance

Hear my metal hands twirling rays of light above your head
my sun brown feet pounding the earth with intricacies
your eyes are touching me, tearing at my clothing, wanting to be with me
stroking the back of my neck with aching breath and bloodstained teeth
not knowing that I can feel your every scratch across the dust

Faster

I just want to move my body against my own
and hear the rattling of golden bones against their jail cells
singing and keeping time with me
forgive me for not loving you

Faster

I can make my own light with the beat of palms against my dripping skin
my shadow making love with the brick behind it
while I demand more blood more sweat than it can give me

Faster

My hair is flying behind me and with it, your smell
I don’t want your putrid sense of keeping me from what I was meant to dance

Faster

Will you let me or will you watch the rust of my soul creep in spirals by itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment